Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Lake Ontario through the Camera Eye

Date Aircraft Route of Flight Time (hrs) Total (hrs)
15 Jul 2020 N21481 SDC (Sodus, NY) - local flight 1.5 2111.7

I grew up around boats, not airplanes. Perhaps that explains my attraction to the water, even when flying well above it. I took the Warrior out for a walk on Wednesday evening, eventually finding myself over Henderson Bay on the east end of Lake Ontario. Fortunately, I brought my camera along to capture what I saw.

Stony Island and Galloo Island


A speedboat pulling an inner tube made so many circles that the surface of Henderson Bay seemed permanently etched. Is sympathetic nausea a thing?


I had not previously noticed the lighthouse on Stony Point.





I was particularly taken with the underwater terraces surrounding the aptly named Stony Point.


Heading home, I blew past a Citabria motoring along about 500 feet over the water.




I passed the West Pierhead Lighthouse off the Oswego, NY waterfront.

Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station

Oh, I know this trick! Erlenmeyer flask, water, and a chunk of dry ice. The classics never go out of style.

2 comments: