Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spam Can or Monster Truck?

Date Aircraft Route of Flight Time (hrs) Total 
(hrs)
11
Nov 2010
N21481 5G0 (LeRoy, NY) - FZY (Fulton, NY) - 5G0 1.9 882.7

Friday night, I flew along the shoreline of Lake Ontario for a little relaxation.  I had no objective, no desire to explore new places, or any urge to push my abilities.  I wanted to cruise.


The shoreline of Lake Ontario with a steam plume from the nuclear power plant in Oswego visible, two of the best visual waypoints ever.


I landed at the Oswego County Airport in Fulton, refueled, and taxied for departure as the sun began to set.  Though the sunlight seemed to enflame the field between the taxiway and the runway, what caught my attention was my shadow.  Warrior 481, what big wheels ya got!  Perhaps my new handle should be "Bigfoot"?

 
Flying home, I was pointed directly into the setting sun.  Such poor planning.


To my one-o-clock, some lights from Rochester suburbs were visible and the few clouds in the sky were bathed in the warm glow of a sun that had already retreated beyond the horizon.


 Darker.


Darker still.  I soared through still air that is so often a companion of twilight.  A good night to fly.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    As always you have some fantastic photos and an inspiration to get out and fly.

    Great new look to your photo journal!

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Don. It's good to hear from you and I appreciate the comments!

    -- Chris

    ReplyDelete