Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reinforcement

Date Aircraft Route of Flight Time (hrs) Total (hrs)
06 Jun 2009 N21481 5G0 (Le Roy, NY) - PEO (Penn Yan, NY) - 5G0 1.3 723.2

Two weeks ago, I flew with a new (to me) instructor for my flight review.  Every instructor has a unique way of expressing himself (or herself) and, sometimes, a new instructor will say just the right words to make a concept snap into crisp focus.  So it was for me after a couple of hours with John.  The fact that John was the first instructor with Warrior experience with whom I've flown since buying Warrior 481 was just icing on the cake.  That Saturday morning flight review was time and money very well spent.

For my first time at the controls post-review, I decided to tinker with some of the new insights I gained a week previous.  In doing so, I found myself wheeling above the diverse countryside of western New York.


Rectangular fields dominate a rare, flat basin among the Finger Lakes.

 
This anonymous Cessna was on final approach for runway 19 at Penn Yan while I waited to depart (sure, he broadcast his tail number during position reports, but I don't remember it anymore).  



Keuka Lake, looking south, after departure from Penn Yan.


Windmills continue to spring from the soil in Western New York, turning lazily in the westerly wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment